Sunday, October 21, 2012

Good Bye Multiply

Five years ago, I started posting most of my ruminations on life in general and pop-culture in particular on Multiply, on the suggestion of a couple of my friends who swore by it. I loved the format; I could give my reviews stars, and could classify the thing being reviewed. There were limitations--there was no provision for television shows or for certain genres of film or books, for example--but even if there may have been alternatives for reviewing things (I had previously used another blogger.com page all my reviews), I was happiest with Multiply. Because Multiply was intended primarily a social networking site, however, and because it was basically getting flattened by Facebook, it decided to switch formats; it's basically an online marketplace now, and is now jettisoning everything that isn't related to this purpose, such as pictures, blogs and reviews. I've taken down the pictures, but it's with a heavy heart that I now have to copy and remove four and a half years of my life in blog posts and reviews. Anyway, thanks for the place to make my voice heard, multiply. It's been fun. Here I find myself where I started the whole blogging thing: on blogger. It's nice to be back in familiar surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment