Friday, May 27, 2016

Quick Looks: Spider-Man #4

written by Brian Michael Bendis
drawn by Sara Pichelli
colored by Justin Ponsor

Miles Morales spends the vast majority of this issue arguing with Ganke about meeting the new student at their school, former X-Man Goldballs. After that, he gets attacked and captured by Hammerhead.

Considering how much I enjoyed Miles' Morales adventures back when he was in the "Ultimate" universe, I am surprised by how utterly appalling this latest issue is. I know Bendis is fond of talking heads, but this issue just takes it to an illogical extreme, and two characters essentially get into a fight over a lame Bendis creation. Self-promotion at its worst, really.

I hear Pichelli's leaving this book after this story arc. If this kind of storytelling keeps up, so am I.


4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment